Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Prince Edward Island Altered Book Spread

This was a travel themed altered book & I chose to do Prince Edward Island.  
For one reason I love Anne of Green Gables,
 and second this is where my godmother is originally from.

I started with painting over the book with gold Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint.
Then I took a couple of pages out of the book behind my spread and then glued in a piece of cardboard from a box so that I could cut a niche out (and not have to cut through 20 pages).  I added a map of P.E.I., and stamped some Tim Holtz stamps, glued down a doily, a flower and then the crest of P.E.I.



My little book was made of pictures I found of P.E.I. on the internet, and a picture of a book cover that was appropriately titled "Little book of Prince Edward Island".  I bound the pictures with my bind it all.

Underneath the book I added another map of P.E.I and added ribbon to each side of the niche, then added a buckle to one side of the ribbon to make a "belt" to hold the book in the niche.





This is another spread I am extremely thrilled with, and was the first niche I ever did.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1 comment:

  1. Lori, WOW WOW WOW. This is unbelievably beautiful!!! I LOVE everything... every single thing about this layout!
    Hugs, Pamikins

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori