Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mystery Altered Book Spread

The theme for the very last altered book I worked in was Mystery, Sleep & Dreams.  I had no idea where this was going when I found the magicians picture on the internet, but then it just came to me.  I wanted a murder mystery.  I painted the goldish yellow background and added some texture medium into the paint.  Then I highlighted the chapter name at the top of the left page.  I glued down the magicians picture and letter stickers that said "Now you see me..."  The next page I added a picture of a man's face, but put washi tape over his mouth for the quote "now you don't"  I found a picture of some doors, cut them out, added brads to them for the door knobs, and used some liquid glass I messed around with as it was drying to make the "glass" look aged.  Then I hand drew (LOL) and cut out the hand (it looks like a muppet hand - LOL!)  I added the hardcore love, and eternity stickers, and some flourish 3-d stickers that were gold, but then I painted them silver with an adirondack dauber.

The whole quote around the second page reads "We all wear masks, & the time comes when we cannot remove them without removing our own skin." but I added "or someone else's"  It was weird, it was OUT there and I LOVE IT!!!  And I think my friend did as well :)

This is the last of my post from the 2011 Round Robin swap for Tennessee Stampers.  I hope you've enjoyed seeing these, as much as I have enjoyed looking through the pictures and remembering all the fun I had creating these pages.  :)
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh Lori, I love your warped, twisted mind! You think outside the box!!! This layout is very unique and I love it.
    Hugs, Pamikins

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Let me know what you think of today's project or if you have any questions!

Hugs & Love,
Lori